The concept of a bucket list is nothing new to me. I have spent many a happy day ticking things off my various life to-do lists – travelling, starting a family, managing not to go insane with travelling with a family….
However, I’ve never really thought about my bookish bucket list. So when the topic arose, as part of the Top Ten Tuesday meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, I have been scouring the far reaches of my imagination for bookish must-do and want-to things.
Here’s what I have come up with so far. Books are a never-ending part of my life, the enjoyment of reading and creating stories something that has never left me, so this is a running list:
The Top 10 Items on My Bookish Bucket List
- Become a published author
- Visit the great libraries of the world
- Meet my writing superhero – Kristan Higgins
- Do NaNoWriMo
- Go to either or both of the RT and RWA Conferences in the US
- Read a book a day one year – 365 books in 365 days
- Make a dent in my print To Be Read pile
- Get my NetGalley inbox clear
- Continue to read outside my comfort zone
- Ensure that my daughter grows up with a healthy respect for and love of the written word
So there you have it. I am sure that there will be more I think of when I press “publish” on this post, but at the moment, those are the most important to me.
Comment below if you have a bookish or book-related bucket list. Hopefully all of us can get as many items ticked off as possible.
The Top Ten Tuesday book meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.