Well, my first 100 books for the year have been read. I’m now one third of the way through to my target of 300 books for 2014. It has been a fabulous reading year so far! Let’s see what my romance with the written word has brought forth this year.
First book read for 2014:
The Christmas Wedding Quilt by Emilie Richards, Janice Kay Johnson and Sarah Mayberry
Most recent read:
One Night with a Cowboy by Cat Johnson
Number of 5-star reviews: 16
Number of books DNF’d: 4
Top 5 of the year to date (not in order):
- The Heiress Effect by Courtney Milan
- The Greatest Lover Ever by Christina Brooke
- Safe Harbour by Helene Young
- Floored by Ainslie Paton
- Fighting Redemption by Kate McCarthy
Picking 5 of my favourites was so not easy…I’ve read some freaking fantastic work this year so far.
What I have learnt about my reading habits and tastes so far this year:
- I am totally falling in love with Regency romance – rakes, dukes, tons, marriage-minded mamas and all.
- I seem to like having my heart ripped out and sent through the blender of emotions – I still haven’t recovered fully, Kate McCarthy 😉
- The rollercoaster ride of romantic suspense is one I am thoroughly enjoying being on.
So, how many books have you read this year? Like me, have you set a target? I’d love to hear how you are all going on your reading journey so far in 2014. I’m always up for recommendations, so if you have any, pass them on through.
As always, my lovely readers, have a wonderful day, and happy reading!!
xx Roz xx